Delaware man cited for bicycling under the influence
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have cited a man for bicycling while under the influence of alcohol after he allegedly crashed into a trooper's cruiser that had pulled onto the side of the road.
It happened about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday on Coastal Highway in Rehoboth Beach.
Police say a trooper on patrol saw a bicyclist traveling north without a headlight and weaving in and out of the travel lane while texting.
Authorities say the trooper pulled the marked cruiser onto the shoulder ahead of the bicyclist and got out to order him to stop.
Police say the bicyclist rode past the trooper and crashed into the rear of the cruiser.
Troopers say the bicyclist, 22-year-old Huseyin Engin Uysal of Rehoboth Beach, was not hurt.
delaware news, accident, DUI, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 7 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 17 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 54 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 21 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive