Delaware man cited for bicycling under the influence
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have cited a man for bicycling while under the influence of alcohol after he allegedly crashed into a trooper's cruiser that had pulled onto the side of the road.
It happened about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday on Coastal Highway in Rehoboth Beach.
Police say a trooper on patrol saw a bicyclist traveling north without a headlight and weaving in and out of the travel lane while texting.
Authorities say the trooper pulled the marked cruiser onto the shoulder ahead of the bicyclist and got out to order him to stop.
Police say the bicyclist rode past the trooper and crashed into the rear of the cruiser.
Troopers say the bicyclist, 22-year-old Huseyin Engin Uysal of Rehoboth Beach, was not hurt.
delaware news, accident, DUI, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases