Thieves strike parked cars in Plymouth Twp.
PLYMOUTH TWP., N.J. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the thieves who helped themselves to items inside parked cars in Plymouth Township.
Home surveillance camera captured images of the suspects at work early Tuesday morning along Sheffield Drive.
Several vehicles in the surrounding neighborhood were hit.
"Everything was opened up, the glove compartment and everything else. The money was missing from the wallet, but the wallet was left back in. When I got up I checked my truck and all the change, about $40 worth of change, was missing out of the ashtray," said Wayne Balkiewicz.
He admits to wondering why the thieves didn't take other valuables inside his truck, including tools and fishing gear and his wallet.
"They didn't take anything else, which we were very happy they didn't take the wallet because we had our credit cards and licenses and everything else. They just took change and money and that was it," Balkiewicz said.
Local investigators confirm that these thieves targeted cars with cash inside, but some victims reported stolen GPS units and missing clothing.
Now, Balkiewicz says 'Lesson learned.'
"It's a beautiful neighborhood, we usually don't lock our vehicles up or anything, but I guess from now on we're going to have to lock everything up," he said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Plymouth Township Police.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, robbery, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?