Thieves strike parked cars in Plymouth Twp.
PLYMOUTH TWP., N.J. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the thieves who helped themselves to items inside parked cars in Plymouth Township.
Home surveillance camera captured images of the suspects at work early Tuesday morning along Sheffield Drive.
Several vehicles in the surrounding neighborhood were hit.
"Everything was opened up, the glove compartment and everything else. The money was missing from the wallet, but the wallet was left back in. When I got up I checked my truck and all the change, about $40 worth of change, was missing out of the ashtray," said Wayne Balkiewicz.
He admits to wondering why the thieves didn't take other valuables inside his truck, including tools and fishing gear and his wallet.
"They didn't take anything else, which we were very happy they didn't take the wallet because we had our credit cards and licenses and everything else. They just took change and money and that was it," Balkiewicz said.
Local investigators confirm that these thieves targeted cars with cash inside, but some victims reported stolen GPS units and missing clothing.
Now, Balkiewicz says 'Lesson learned.'
"It's a beautiful neighborhood, we usually don't lock our vehicles up or anything, but I guess from now on we're going to have to lock everything up," he said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Plymouth Township Police.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, robbery, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes 53 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos