Thieves strike parked cars in Plymouth Twp.
PLYMOUTH TWP., N.J. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the thieves who helped themselves to items inside parked cars in Plymouth Township.
Home surveillance camera captured images of the suspects at work early Tuesday morning along Sheffield Drive.
Several vehicles in the surrounding neighborhood were hit.
"Everything was opened up, the glove compartment and everything else. The money was missing from the wallet, but the wallet was left back in. When I got up I checked my truck and all the change, about $40 worth of change, was missing out of the ashtray," said Wayne Balkiewicz.
He admits to wondering why the thieves didn't take other valuables inside his truck, including tools and fishing gear and his wallet.
"They didn't take anything else, which we were very happy they didn't take the wallet because we had our credit cards and licenses and everything else. They just took change and money and that was it," Balkiewicz said.
Local investigators confirm that these thieves targeted cars with cash inside, but some victims reported stolen GPS units and missing clothing.
Now, Balkiewicz says 'Lesson learned.'
"It's a beautiful neighborhood, we usually don't lock our vehicles up or anything, but I guess from now on we're going to have to lock everything up," he said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Plymouth Township Police.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, robbery, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 21 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 56 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 2 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
2 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
21 min ago