Family buries Brandon Boyle, who drowned in Pennypack Creek
PHILADELPHIA - July 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Family members have buried a 13-year-old boy who drowned in a Philadelphia creek last week while swimming with friends.
Brandon Boyle's body was recovered a week ago in Pennypack Creek in northeast Philadelphia. Authorities say Boyle had been swimming with his 11-year-old brother and their friends several days earlier when he was swept away by the rain-swollen waters. His brother was found clinging to a ledge and was rescued.
Nearly 200 people gathered Wednesday to remember Boyle, who was buried at the St. Dominic Church Cemetery. Family and friends said he was loving and had a good sense of humor.
Emergency workers, along with friends and family, had searched for the boy for days before his body was discovered.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, water rescue, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 42 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ