Family buries Brandon Boyle, who drowned in Pennypack Creek
PHILADELPHIA - July 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Family members have buried a 13-year-old boy who drowned in a Philadelphia creek last week while swimming with friends.
Brandon Boyle's body was recovered a week ago in Pennypack Creek in northeast Philadelphia. Authorities say Boyle had been swimming with his 11-year-old brother and their friends several days earlier when he was swept away by the rain-swollen waters. His brother was found clinging to a ledge and was rescued.
Nearly 200 people gathered Wednesday to remember Boyle, who was buried at the St. Dominic Church Cemetery. Family and friends said he was loving and had a good sense of humor.
Emergency workers, along with friends and family, had searched for the boy for days before his body was discovered.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, water rescue, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)