Family buries Brandon Boyle, who drowned in Pennypack Creek
PHILADELPHIA - July 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Family members have buried a 13-year-old boy who drowned in a Philadelphia creek last week while swimming with friends.
Brandon Boyle's body was recovered a week ago in Pennypack Creek in northeast Philadelphia. Authorities say Boyle had been swimming with his 11-year-old brother and their friends several days earlier when he was swept away by the rain-swollen waters. His brother was found clinging to a ledge and was rescued.
Nearly 200 people gathered Wednesday to remember Boyle, who was buried at the St. Dominic Church Cemetery. Family and friends said he was loving and had a good sense of humor.
Emergency workers, along with friends and family, had searched for the boy for days before his body was discovered.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, water rescue, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville 38 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 56 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
38 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
56 min ago