Turtle causes 3-car crash in Galloway Township
GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Slow and steady wins the race, but left behind a path of destruction on a road in southern New Jersey.
Police say a 3-car wreck was triggered when a motorist in an Infiniti slowed to avoid hitting a turtle on White Horse Pike in Galloway Township Wednesday.
Police say Dominique Flipping of Mays Landing struck that vehicle from behind, crossed the center line and slammed into a Ford driven by Julio Pagan of Sewell. Pagan's vehicle hit a utility pole and crashed through a billboard.
Two people in the Infiniti sustained minor injuries.
Flipping got a ticket for careless driving.
The turtle was found safe under the Infiniti and released into the woods.
atlantic county news, new jersey news, accident, animals, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases