Turtle causes 3-car crash in Galloway Township
GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Slow and steady wins the race, but left behind a path of destruction on a road in southern New Jersey.
Police say a 3-car wreck was triggered when a motorist in an Infiniti slowed to avoid hitting a turtle on White Horse Pike in Galloway Township Wednesday.
Police say Dominique Flipping of Mays Landing struck that vehicle from behind, crossed the center line and slammed into a Ford driven by Julio Pagan of Sewell. Pagan's vehicle hit a utility pole and crashed through a billboard.
Two people in the Infiniti sustained minor injuries.
Flipping got a ticket for careless driving.
The turtle was found safe under the Infiniti and released into the woods.
atlantic county news, new jersey news, accident, animals, local/state
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 21 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 3 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 41 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 18 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 4 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
21 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
18 min ago
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month
19 min ago
- Person, cat rescued from New Castle fire
20 min ago