Man charged in Hatfield slaying seeks money return
HATFIELD, Pa. - July 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- The lawyer representing a southeastern Pennsylvania man charged in the stabbing death of his wife last month wants authorities ordered to return $45,000 to his client.
Thirty-six-year-old Walid Mitwalli of Hatfield Township in Montgomery County is charged with first- and third-degree murder and possession of an instrument of crime in the June 7 death of his 30-year-old wife Mona.
The (Doylestown) Intelligencer says the money was in a bank safe deposit box under a friend's name, and defense attorney Hercules Pappas says his client needs it to pay attorney fees.
Pappas' petition says the money has nothing to do with the charges filed in the case nor did it stem from any criminal activity.
Prosecutors declined comment but said they would file a response.
Information from: The Intelligencer, http://www.phillyburbs.com
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, homicide, stabbing, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 51 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Bordentown, N.J.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos