Man charged in Hatfield slaying seeks money return
HATFIELD, Pa. - July 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- The lawyer representing a southeastern Pennsylvania man charged in the stabbing death of his wife last month wants authorities ordered to return $45,000 to his client.
Thirty-six-year-old Walid Mitwalli of Hatfield Township in Montgomery County is charged with first- and third-degree murder and possession of an instrument of crime in the June 7 death of his 30-year-old wife Mona.
The (Doylestown) Intelligencer says the money was in a bank safe deposit box under a friend's name, and defense attorney Hercules Pappas says his client needs it to pay attorney fees.
Pappas' petition says the money has nothing to do with the charges filed in the case nor did it stem from any criminal activity.
Prosecutors declined comment but said they would file a response.
Information from: The Intelligencer, http://www.phillyburbs.com
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, homicide, stabbing, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 20 min ago
- Temps Soar 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 1 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 16 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 18 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 8 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
14 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
8 min ago