Man charged in Hatfield slaying seeks money return
HATFIELD, Pa. - July 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- The lawyer representing a southeastern Pennsylvania man charged in the stabbing death of his wife last month wants authorities ordered to return $45,000 to his client.
Thirty-six-year-old Walid Mitwalli of Hatfield Township in Montgomery County is charged with first- and third-degree murder and possession of an instrument of crime in the June 7 death of his 30-year-old wife Mona.
The (Doylestown) Intelligencer says the money was in a bank safe deposit box under a friend's name, and defense attorney Hercules Pappas says his client needs it to pay attorney fees.
Pappas' petition says the money has nothing to do with the charges filed in the case nor did it stem from any criminal activity.
Prosecutors declined comment but said they would file a response.
Information from: The Intelligencer, http://www.phillyburbs.com
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, homicide, stabbing, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?