Man charged in Hatfield slaying seeks money return
HATFIELD, Pa. - July 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- The lawyer representing a southeastern Pennsylvania man charged in the stabbing death of his wife last month wants authorities ordered to return $45,000 to his client.
Thirty-six-year-old Walid Mitwalli of Hatfield Township in Montgomery County is charged with first- and third-degree murder and possession of an instrument of crime in the June 7 death of his 30-year-old wife Mona.
The (Doylestown) Intelligencer says the money was in a bank safe deposit box under a friend's name, and defense attorney Hercules Pappas says his client needs it to pay attorney fees.
Pappas' petition says the money has nothing to do with the charges filed in the case nor did it stem from any criminal activity.
Prosecutors declined comment but said they would file a response.
Information from: The Intelligencer, http://www.phillyburbs.com
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, homicide, stabbing, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 32 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 48 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
49 min ago