King of Prussia man charged for sex with teen girl
UPPER MERION TWP., Pa. - July 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man from King of Prussia has been charged with having sex with a 16-year-old girl after police found them in a hotel.
Paul Corrigan, 47, of the 500 block of Philadelphia Avenue, faces a number of charges after the two were found back on June 5th.
According to the criminal complaint released by the Montgomery County District Attorney's office, it all began on June 4th when police were notified of a 16-year-old runaway by her parents.
The next day, police learned the girl likely with Corrigan, and that Corrigan's vehicle was spotted at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Upper Merion Township.
At the same time, police say, Corrigan's wife received a text from him saying he was with a girl, that it was "a mistake" and he would bring the girl home.
Later that night, police saw a teen girl, matching the runaway's description, and spoke to her. They discovered she was the girl they were looking for, and she also allegedly told them she was staying at the hotel.
She took police to her room and, police say, that's where they found Corrigan in his underwear, a bottle of lubricant, a sex toy and an empty Victoria's Secret bag.
The teen later told investigators she met Corrigan at an AA meeting back in March, and they began to meet. Corrigan bought her cigarettes and alcohol, police said, and the relationship eventually turned sexual.
Corrigan faces a number of charges including indecent assault, corruption of minors and furnishing alcohol to a minor.
The DA wants to know if there are any other victims out there. If you have any information, call their tipline at 610-278-3981.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, child sex assault, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Teen shot in Wilmington 3 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition