Burglars target victims while they sleep, police say
NEW CASTLE, Del. - July 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in New Castle, Delaware say brazen burglars are targeting homeowners while they sleep.
Investigators say six break-ins have happened since Sunday in the Old New Castle section.
They say the thieves gain access through unlocked windows and doors during the early morning hours.
Once inside, the culprits take purses and other items.
No one was hurt but police admit the thefts are a crime of opportunity.
"It's a simple remedy, I think sometimes, if people would just lock their doors, so we can avoid some of this, that may help," Lt. Adam Bram said.
Anyone with information on the burglaries is asked to call new castle police at 302-322-9800.
delaware news, new castle county news, burglary, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish