U.S. Marshals arrest Philadelphia serial bank robber
PHILADELPHIA - July 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- U.S. Marshals have captured the man wanted for a series of bank robberies in Philadelphia.
Authorities say they arrested 27-year-old Carl Goodwin on Wednesday in Reading.
Police say Goodwin fled from a federal halfway house in Philadelphia last month.
Goodwin has been the prime suspect in at least five bank robberies in the city and a Dunkin' Donuts on Germantown Avenue.
The U.S. Marshals office thanked the FBI, the Berks County Sheriff's office, and Philadelphia Police for their help in Goodwin's arrest.
bank robbery, philadelphia, berks county news, reading, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 1 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 33 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 56 min ago
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 44 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 23 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 57 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large