1 dead, 6 injured in 3-car crash on Lincoln Drive
PHILADELPHIA - July 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person is dead and six others suffered injuries following a three vehicle crash along Lincoln Drive.
It happened around 2:45 Saturday morning near Morris Street.
Authorities say the 21-year-old driver of a Subaru Outback was travelling south on Lincoln Drive.
The driver lost control and crossed into the northbound lanes. The vehicle struck a Nissan Maxima then went into the guardrail.
The impact of the crash sent the Nissan backwards, and it was struck by a Honda Civic.
A female passenger inside the Subaru sustained severe head injuries. She was taken to an area hospital where she died.
The second passenger inside the Subaru was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
The driver of the Subaru complained of pain but refused treatment.
Both the driver and the passenger inside the Nissan suffered broken bones and were hospitalized in stable condition.
The driver of the Honda was treated and released.
Police say the accident remains under investigation.
philadelphia, fairmount park, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 1 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting 35 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
1 min ago