1 dead, 6 injured in 3-car crash on Lincoln Drive
PHILADELPHIA - July 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person is dead and six others suffered injuries following a three vehicle crash along Lincoln Drive.
It happened around 2:45 Saturday morning near Morris Street.
Authorities say the 21-year-old driver of a Subaru Outback was travelling south on Lincoln Drive.
The driver lost control and crossed into the northbound lanes. The vehicle struck a Nissan Maxima then went into the guardrail.
The impact of the crash sent the Nissan backwards, and it was struck by a Honda Civic.
A female passenger inside the Subaru sustained severe head injuries. She was taken to an area hospital where she died.
The second passenger inside the Subaru was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
The driver of the Subaru complained of pain but refused treatment.
Both the driver and the passenger inside the Nissan suffered broken bones and were hospitalized in stable condition.
The driver of the Honda was treated and released.
Police say the accident remains under investigation.
philadelphia, fairmount park, local/state
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing Malaysian jet 5 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing...
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos