1 dead, 6 injured in 3-car crash on Lincoln Drive
PHILADELPHIA - July 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person is dead and six others suffered injuries following a three vehicle crash along Lincoln Drive.
It happened around 2:45 Saturday morning near Morris Street.
Authorities say the 21-year-old driver of a Subaru Outback was travelling south on Lincoln Drive.
The driver lost control and crossed into the northbound lanes. The vehicle struck a Nissan Maxima then went into the guardrail.
The impact of the crash sent the Nissan backwards, and it was struck by a Honda Civic.
A female passenger inside the Subaru sustained severe head injuries. She was taken to an area hospital where she died.
The second passenger inside the Subaru was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
The driver of the Subaru complained of pain but refused treatment.
Both the driver and the passenger inside the Nissan suffered broken bones and were hospitalized in stable condition.
The driver of the Honda was treated and released.
Police say the accident remains under investigation.
philadelphia, fairmount park, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 50 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings