Pregnant woman claims she escaped alleged abduction
WEST PHILADELPHIA - July 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are trying to sort out a woman's claim that she and her child were kidnapped at gunpoint Friday morning.
The alleged incident ended around 9:45 a.m. at the intersection of 34th Street and Lansdowne Avenue, where the pregnant 22-year-old woman says she and her child jumped from the kidnapper's car.
The woman tells police she was waiting for a bus at 29th Street and Ridge Avenue in North Philadelphia when a man with a gun forced her and her child into his vehicle.
Police located the man, who told police he just offered the woman a ride. He is being questioned but at this point no charges have been filed.
No gun has been found.
west philadelphia, north philadelphia, philadelphia, abduction, kidnapping, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?