Pregnant woman claims she escaped alleged abduction
WEST PHILADELPHIA - July 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are trying to sort out a woman's claim that she and her child were kidnapped at gunpoint Friday morning.
The alleged incident ended around 9:45 a.m. at the intersection of 34th Street and Lansdowne Avenue, where the pregnant 22-year-old woman says she and her child jumped from the kidnapper's car.
The woman tells police she was waiting for a bus at 29th Street and Ridge Avenue in North Philadelphia when a man with a gun forced her and her child into his vehicle.
Police located the man, who told police he just offered the woman a ride. He is being questioned but at this point no charges have been filed.
No gun has been found.
west philadelphia, north philadelphia, philadelphia, abduction, kidnapping, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 57 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 20 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 6 min ago
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 13 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 21 min ago
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
57 min ago