NJ Transit bus driver caught in lewd act on camera by a passenger
WEEHAWKEN, N.J. - July 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey's transit agency has removed a bus driver for committing a lewd act on the job.
A commuter videotaped 41-year-old George Simpson Jr. masturbating behind the wheel.
The video shows him maneuvering the bus through heavy traffic and the Lincoln Tunnel while pleasuring himself on June 24. The bus was traveling from Carteret to New York City.
New Jersey Transit police have charged Simpson with risking injury or damage by removing his hands from the wheel. He's also accused of lewdness and reckless driving.
In a statement, NJ Transit spokesman John Durso Jr. said the driver was immediately removed from service without pay because of "disturbing and grossly irresponsible conduct."
Police didn't list Simpson's address, so he couldn't be located for comment.
The story was first reported by WABC-TV in New York.
new jersey news, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands