Suspect wanted in Lawndale ATM robbery
LAWNDALE - July 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are asking for the public's help in finding the suspect who robbed a woman at an ATM in Lawndale.
It happened around 9:45 a.m. on June 6th on the 700 block of Adams Avenue.
Police say a woman was standing at an ATM when she was approached by an unknown male from behind.
As the woman's money was dispensed from the machine, the suspect grabbed the cash and fled.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately in his 20s, about 5'6" tall and last seen wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 11 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire