Suspect sought in Rite-Aid armed robbery in Olney
OLNEY - July 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the armed man who they say robbed a Rite-Aid pharmacy in Olney.
It happened around 9:30 Tuesday night on the 5400 block of Rising Sun Avenue.
Authorities say while inside the store, the suspect went to the counter, pointed the gun at the cashier and demanded money.
The employee complied and the suspect took $211 from the register before fleeing the scene on foot.
The suspect is described as a black male in his 20s, 6'0" tall, 180 pounds with the thin build and medium complexion.
He was last seen wearing a white tee-shirt covering his face, a black knit hat, black jacket with a logo on the front, black Nike pants and black sneakers.
Police say the suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, olney, robbery, local/state
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 49 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 30 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million