Boy, 5, struck by car in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 5-year-old boy has died after getting struck by a car in South Philadelphia.
It happened around 8:30 Saturday night near 5th and Fitzgerald streets.
Authorities say the young boy was struck by a silver Dodge van.
The victim was taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia where he died an hour later.
The driver of the vehicle did stop at the scene.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 20 min ago
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington 40 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA...
20 min ago