Suspects sought in Camden ATM robberies
CAMDEN, N.J. - July 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are trying to identify two thieves who got away with money from several ATMs in Camden.
The PNC Bank ATM machines on the 100 block of South Broadway are temporarily out of commission.
Police say around 11:00 Saturday night, two skilled thieves used heavy duty tools to break into the ATMs and the bank itself.
Officials say the suspects got away with an unknown amount of money and sped off in a black Honda Accord.
Investigators will be reviewing surveillance footage from the area.
Police are also working with the FBI to solve the calculated crimes and see if the burglary is connected to crimes elsewhere.
Some area residents say that burglaries like this are a sign of the financially troubling times.
"Times are bad right now, everybody wants money, crime is on the rise," said Ed Rivera.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Camden County Police Department at 856-757-7420.
new jersey news, camden, camden county news, theft, robbery, bank robbery, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 41 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 36 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 49 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 52 min ago
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 40 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 42 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
26 min ago
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
23 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
42 min ago