Bar owner thwarts robbery attempt
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say an attempted robbery backfired when the victim opened fire on the would-be thieves.
The confrontation happened early Sunday morning in the 2600 block of North 7th Street in North Philadelphia.
Police say three men followed a bar owner home.
When the armed men demanded cash, the bar owner pulled out his own gun and fired.
The bullet injured one of the suspects and knocked the gun right out of his hand.
That suspect is in serious condition at Hahnemann Hospital.
The other two suspects fled the scene.
The bar owner was not hurt.
Police say the bar owner does have a permit to carry a gun.
philadelphia, robbery, guns, shooting, north philadelphia, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 45 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
45 min ago