Bar owner thwarts robbery attempt
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say an attempted robbery backfired when the victim opened fire on the would-be thieves.
The confrontation happened early Sunday morning in the 2600 block of North 7th Street in North Philadelphia.
Police say three men followed a bar owner home.
When the armed men demanded cash, the bar owner pulled out his own gun and fired.
The bullet injured one of the suspects and knocked the gun right out of his hand.
That suspect is in serious condition at Hahnemann Hospital.
The other two suspects fled the scene.
The bar owner was not hurt.
Police say the bar owner does have a permit to carry a gun.
philadelphia, robbery, guns, shooting, north philadelphia, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 28 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 50 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 20 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 47 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 11 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
28 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
20 min ago