Resident escapes house fire in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA -July 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews were called to battle a house fire in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 3:40 Sunday afternoon on the 1500 block of North 18th Street.
Arriving fire crews reported heavy flames upon arrival.
Authorities say a passerby saw the fire before firefighters arrived and went inside to help the resident make it out safely.
The fire was soon brought under control and no injuries were reported.
Fire officials are investigating the cause.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 45 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 52 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition