Resident escapes house fire in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA -July 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews were called to battle a house fire in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 3:40 Sunday afternoon on the 1500 block of North 18th Street.
Arriving fire crews reported heavy flames upon arrival.
Authorities say a passerby saw the fire before firefighters arrived and went inside to help the resident make it out safely.
The fire was soon brought under control and no injuries were reported.
Fire officials are investigating the cause.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, fire, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos