Resident escapes house fire in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA -July 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews were called to battle a house fire in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 3:40 Sunday afternoon on the 1500 block of North 18th Street.
Arriving fire crews reported heavy flames upon arrival.
Authorities say a passerby saw the fire before firefighters arrived and went inside to help the resident make it out safely.
The fire was soon brought under control and no injuries were reported.
Fire officials are investigating the cause.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police