Teen gunned down on East Oak Lane basketball court
EAST OAK LANE - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Gunfire erupted on a basketball court in East Oak Lane on Sunday, leaving a teenager dead.
The shooting happened around 10:00 p.m. near B Street and Olney Avenue.
Officers arrived to find the 18-year-old male victim suffering from a gunshot wound. He was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Authorities say there were at least 12 people on the court at the time of the shooting.
No word yet on what may have sparked the incident.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, east oak lane, shooting, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ