Man tells police he was shot on City Avenue, then drove to Tacony
TACONY - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an overnight shooting that has left a 23-year-old man hospitalized in serious condition Monday morning.
Police tell Action News that they were called to a gas station in the 7200 block of Torresdale Avenue at 12:45 a.m. where they found the 23-year-old driver of a car inside of his vehicle having suffered a gunshot wound. He told officers he had been shot while driving on City Avenue near Belmont Avenue.
The shooting took place at 12:37 a.m., police say. The victim told officers that a male had fired a shot at him causing his rear passenger window to break. He continued, saying after being shot he drove towards his home and pulled into a gas station where he called for help.
The injured driver was taken by paramedics to Aria Health Torresdale in serious condition for treatment of a gunshot wound to his right side.
The incident remains under investigation.
wynnefield, tacony, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 32 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 17 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 14 min ago
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South...
17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
49 min ago