Man tells police he was shot on City Avenue, then drove to Tacony
TACONY - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an overnight shooting that has left a 23-year-old man hospitalized in serious condition Monday morning.
Police tell Action News that they were called to a gas station in the 7200 block of Torresdale Avenue at 12:45 a.m. where they found the 23-year-old driver of a car inside of his vehicle having suffered a gunshot wound. He told officers he had been shot while driving on City Avenue near Belmont Avenue.
The shooting took place at 12:37 a.m., police say. The victim told officers that a male had fired a shot at him causing his rear passenger window to break. He continued, saying after being shot he drove towards his home and pulled into a gas station where he called for help.
The injured driver was taken by paramedics to Aria Health Torresdale in serious condition for treatment of a gunshot wound to his right side.
The incident remains under investigation.
wynnefield, tacony, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 14 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 11 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 1 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 57 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
29 min ago