Man tells police he was shot on City Avenue, then drove to Tacony
TACONY - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an overnight shooting that has left a 23-year-old man hospitalized in serious condition Monday morning.
Police tell Action News that they were called to a gas station in the 7200 block of Torresdale Avenue at 12:45 a.m. where they found the 23-year-old driver of a car inside of his vehicle having suffered a gunshot wound. He told officers he had been shot while driving on City Avenue near Belmont Avenue.
The shooting took place at 12:37 a.m., police say. The victim told officers that a male had fired a shot at him causing his rear passenger window to break. He continued, saying after being shot he drove towards his home and pulled into a gas station where he called for help.
The injured driver was taken by paramedics to Aria Health Torresdale in serious condition for treatment of a gunshot wound to his right side.
The incident remains under investigation.
wynnefield, tacony, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 25 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 1 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball