Man tells police he was shot on City Avenue, then drove to Tacony
TACONY - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an overnight shooting that has left a 23-year-old man hospitalized in serious condition Monday morning.
Police tell Action News that they were called to a gas station in the 7200 block of Torresdale Avenue at 12:45 a.m. where they found the 23-year-old driver of a car inside of his vehicle having suffered a gunshot wound. He told officers he had been shot while driving on City Avenue near Belmont Avenue.
The shooting took place at 12:37 a.m., police say. The victim told officers that a male had fired a shot at him causing his rear passenger window to break. He continued, saying after being shot he drove towards his home and pulled into a gas station where he called for help.
The injured driver was taken by paramedics to Aria Health Torresdale in serious condition for treatment of a gunshot wound to his right side.
The incident remains under investigation.
wynnefield, tacony, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 7 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 33 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 54 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
10 min ago