Man shot 7 times overnight in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 28-year-old man is in critical condition at Temple Hospital after being shot 7 times early Monday morning in North Philadelphia.
Police responded to the 1700 block of West York Street near 17th Street around 2:50 a.m. after receiving several 911 calls reporting gunfire.
Arriving officers discovered a vehicle with several bullet holes in it near the intersection.
Someone dropped off the 28-year-old victim at Temple University Hospital where he underwent surgery. Police say he suffered gunshot wounds to the neck and chest.
There is no word yet on what sparked the shooting. No arrests have been made.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 14 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 43 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 43 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 5 min ago