Man shot 7 times overnight in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 28-year-old man is in critical condition at Temple Hospital after being shot 7 times early Monday morning in North Philadelphia.
Police responded to the 1700 block of West York Street near 17th Street around 2:50 a.m. after receiving several 911 calls reporting gunfire.
Arriving officers discovered a vehicle with several bullet holes in it near the intersection.
Someone dropped off the 28-year-old victim at Temple University Hospital where he underwent surgery. Police say he suffered gunshot wounds to the neck and chest.
There is no word yet on what sparked the shooting. No arrests have been made.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos