Man shot 7 times overnight in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 28-year-old man is in critical condition at Temple Hospital after being shot 7 times early Monday morning in North Philadelphia.
Police responded to the 1700 block of West York Street near 17th Street around 2:50 a.m. after receiving several 911 calls reporting gunfire.
Arriving officers discovered a vehicle with several bullet holes in it near the intersection.
Someone dropped off the 28-year-old victim at Temple University Hospital where he underwent surgery. Police say he suffered gunshot wounds to the neck and chest.
There is no word yet on what sparked the shooting. No arrests have been made.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 13 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 10 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 13 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co. 41 min ago
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade 27 min ago
- Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
41 min ago