Man shot 7 times overnight in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 28-year-old man is in critical condition at Temple Hospital after being shot 7 times early Monday morning in North Philadelphia.
Police responded to the 1700 block of West York Street near 17th Street around 2:50 a.m. after receiving several 911 calls reporting gunfire.
Arriving officers discovered a vehicle with several bullet holes in it near the intersection.
Someone dropped off the 28-year-old victim at Temple University Hospital where he underwent surgery. Police say he suffered gunshot wounds to the neck and chest.
There is no word yet on what sparked the shooting. No arrests have been made.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm 30 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 49 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
40 min ago
- Firefighter adopts abused cat
57 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
30 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos