Man shot 7 times overnight in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 28-year-old man is in critical condition at Temple Hospital after being shot 7 times early Monday morning in North Philadelphia.
Police responded to the 1700 block of West York Street near 17th Street around 2:50 a.m. after receiving several 911 calls reporting gunfire.
Arriving officers discovered a vehicle with several bullet holes in it near the intersection.
Someone dropped off the 28-year-old victim at Temple University Hospital where he underwent surgery. Police say he suffered gunshot wounds to the neck and chest.
There is no word yet on what sparked the shooting. No arrests have been made.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
36 min ago