1 prison inmate captured, 2 still at large in Berks County
WERNERSVILLE, Pa. - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- One of three inmates who escaped from a Berks County prison Friday is back behind bars.
Police tracked down 28-year-old Ryan Celani at a Schuylkill Haven Burger King Monday morning.
Investigators say Celani and 22-year-old Jeremy Collazo escaped from the Wernersville Corrections Center in South Heidelberg Township shortly after 3:30 p.m. Friday after Celani pulled a fire alarm.
Less than four hours later, police say 25-year-old Adam Murphy also pulled a fire alarm and escaped. Officials say he was last seen getting into a gold-colored Honda Civic with New York plates.
All three were charged with escape.
Officials say the escapes are similar to two that occurred in June when three inmates escaped during fire alarms.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
berks county news, pennsylvania news, prison escape, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Finally, a nice weekend! 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 5 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 10 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 21 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
16 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
5 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
10 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos