1 prison inmate captured, 2 still at large in Berks County
WERNERSVILLE, Pa. - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- One of three inmates who escaped from a Berks County prison Friday is back behind bars.
Police tracked down 28-year-old Ryan Celani at a Schuylkill Haven Burger King Monday morning.
Investigators say Celani and 22-year-old Jeremy Collazo escaped from the Wernersville Corrections Center in South Heidelberg Township shortly after 3:30 p.m. Friday after Celani pulled a fire alarm.
Less than four hours later, police say 25-year-old Adam Murphy also pulled a fire alarm and escaped. Officials say he was last seen getting into a gold-colored Honda Civic with New York plates.
All three were charged with escape.
Officials say the escapes are similar to two that occurred in June when three inmates escaped during fire alarms.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
berks county news, pennsylvania news, prison escape, local/state
- More Snow on the Way 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 22 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 36 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft 26 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced 34 min ago
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete 37 min ago
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition 41 min ago
- AAA: Prepare your car for winter driving now!
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- More Snow on the Way
25 min ago
- Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
24 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
36 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration...
26 min ago