70-year-old man killed in Upper Darby crash
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Upper Darby are investigating an accident Monday afternoon that took the life of a 70-year-old man.
The accident occurred around 2:30 p.m. at the intersection of Township Line and State Road.
According to police, the 70-year-old driver of a Toyota pulled out onto the road when his tire was struck by a dump truck, causing the car to spin.
While spinning, an SUV also struck the vehicle.
The female driver of the SUV was transported to Delaware County Memorial Hospital for chest pains.
The crash caused Township Line to be closed while police investigated.
pennsylvania news, upper darby, accident, local/state
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal 26 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Temps soar above normal
26 min ago