Pregnant Toms River woman fights off carjacking attempt
MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman who is seven months pregnant fought off a man who tried to pull her out of her car at a red light in Manchester Township.
The 23-year-old Toms River resident was stopped on Route 571 just before 11 p.m. Thursday when a man opened the driver's door, grabbed the woman and attempted to yank her out.
The woman fought the man off and drove away.
The Asbury Park Press reports the woman sustained injuries to her neck and knuckles.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com
ocean county news, new jersey news, carjacking, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 3 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 54 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 10 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
29 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
54 min ago