Pregnant Toms River woman fights off carjacking attempt
MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman who is seven months pregnant fought off a man who tried to pull her out of her car at a red light in Manchester Township.
The 23-year-old Toms River resident was stopped on Route 571 just before 11 p.m. Thursday when a man opened the driver's door, grabbed the woman and attempted to yank her out.
The woman fought the man off and drove away.
The Asbury Park Press reports the woman sustained injuries to her neck and knuckles.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com
ocean county news, new jersey news, carjacking, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)