Pregnant Toms River woman fights off carjacking attempt
MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman who is seven months pregnant fought off a man who tried to pull her out of her car at a red light in Manchester Township.
The 23-year-old Toms River resident was stopped on Route 571 just before 11 p.m. Thursday when a man opened the driver's door, grabbed the woman and attempted to yank her out.
The woman fought the man off and drove away.
The Asbury Park Press reports the woman sustained injuries to her neck and knuckles.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com
ocean county news, new jersey news, carjacking, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 17 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 59 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos