Pregnant Toms River woman fights off carjacking attempt
MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman who is seven months pregnant fought off a man who tried to pull her out of her car at a red light in Manchester Township.
The 23-year-old Toms River resident was stopped on Route 571 just before 11 p.m. Thursday when a man opened the driver's door, grabbed the woman and attempted to yank her out.
The woman fought the man off and drove away.
The Asbury Park Press reports the woman sustained injuries to her neck and knuckles.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com
ocean county news, new jersey news, carjacking, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date 47 min ago
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 50 min ago
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police