Man found shot dead in car after police pursuit in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police made a deadly discovery during a pursuit through North Philadelphia overnight.
The high-speed chase ended when a driver crashed into a parked car on the 900 block of North Marvine Street at 12:30 Tuesday morning.
Police found a 21-year-old man shot to death inside the vehicle.
The driver of the wrecked car ran off, along with a second passenger who was in the back seat.
Police are still trying to determine who shot the victim, and whether or not he was in the car when he was struck by the bullet.
The search for the driver and the other passenger continues.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, police chase, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Photos: Pictures of Wawa car theft suspects 43 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 58 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 3 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park 41 min ago
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 38 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly