Man found shot dead in car after police pursuit in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police made a deadly discovery during a pursuit through North Philadelphia overnight.
The high-speed chase ended when a driver crashed into a parked car on the 900 block of North Marvine Street at 12:30 Tuesday morning.
Police found a 21-year-old man shot to death inside the vehicle.
The driver of the wrecked car ran off, along with a second passenger who was in the back seat.
Police are still trying to determine who shot the victim, and whether or not he was in the car when he was struck by the bullet.
The search for the driver and the other passenger continues.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, police chase, shooting, homicide, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower