Man found shot dead in car after police pursuit in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police made a deadly discovery during a pursuit through North Philadelphia overnight.
The high-speed chase ended when a driver crashed into a parked car on the 900 block of North Marvine Street at 12:30 Tuesday morning.
Police found a 21-year-old man shot to death inside the vehicle.
The driver of the wrecked car ran off, along with a second passenger who was in the back seat.
Police are still trying to determine who shot the victim, and whether or not he was in the car when he was struck by the bullet.
The search for the driver and the other passenger continues.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, police chase, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 2 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts. 43 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping 21 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
43 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
2 min ago
- Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
21 min ago