Man found shot dead in car after police pursuit in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police made a deadly discovery during a pursuit through North Philadelphia overnight.
The high-speed chase ended when a driver crashed into a parked car on the 900 block of North Marvine Street at 12:30 Tuesday morning.
Police found a 21-year-old man shot to death inside the vehicle.
The driver of the wrecked car ran off, along with a second passenger who was in the back seat.
Police are still trying to determine who shot the victim, and whether or not he was in the car when he was struck by the bullet.
The search for the driver and the other passenger continues.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, police chase, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief 17 min ago