Driver injured in New Castle multi-vehicle accident
NEW CASTLE - July 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating a multi-vehicle accident in New Castle Tuesday afternoon.
The crash occurred just before 12:30 p.m. on Route 13 northbound just north of the Route 13 and Route 40 split.
The crash involved a 2008 Ford van, a 2006 Volvo tractor trailer, and a 2003 Volvo passenger vehicle.
According to police, the Volvo passenger vehicle was attempting to make a left turn toward the EconoLodge when the car struck the Ford van and the Volvo tractor trailer.
Police say the 27-year-old male driver of the Volvo passenger vehicle was trapped briefly and was transported to Christiana Hospital suffering from a head injury.
No other injuries were reported.
delaware news, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 1 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?