Trash chute fire in Philadelphia high rise
POWELTON - July 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters made quick work of a blaze at a high rise building in Philadelphia Powelton section overnight.
The fire was reported at 3:44 a.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of North Busti Street.
Firefighters determined the source of the fire was in a trash chute, and were able to quickly extinguish the flames.
The fire did prompt some evacuations. However, no one was injured in the incident.
philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 35 min ago
- Temps Soar 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 38 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 53 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 55 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 45 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
51 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
35 min ago