Trash chute fire in Philadelphia high rise
POWELTON - July 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters made quick work of a blaze at a high rise building in Philadelphia Powelton section overnight.
The fire was reported at 3:44 a.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of North Busti Street.
Firefighters determined the source of the fire was in a trash chute, and were able to quickly extinguish the flames.
The fire did prompt some evacuations. However, no one was injured in the incident.
philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos