15 accused of roles in multistate heroin ring
TRENTON, N.J. - July 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fifteen people have been indicted for their alleged roles in a heroin supply network that authorities say distributed millions of dollars' worth of the drug to dealers throughout the Northeast
Acting New Jersey Attorney General John Hoffman announced the indictment Monday. It was handed up Friday by a state grand jury.
All 15 defendants are charged with first-degree racketeering and second-degree conspiracy to maintain heroin production facilities and distribute heroin.
The alleged ringleader, 37-year-old Segundo Garcia of Prospect Park, is also charged with leading a narcotics trafficking network. He could face life in prison if convicted.
Authorities say the drug network supplied multiple kilos of heroin per week to other suppliers and large-scale dealers. The ring allegedly distributed heroin to dealers in northern Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C.
new jersey news, drugs, local/state
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 25 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 6 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million