Suspect arrested in West Philadelphia cab driver shooting
WEST PHILADELPHIA - July 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man wanted for shooting a cab driver during a holdup in West Philadelphia last month has been arrested in Florida.
On Wednesday morning, the US Marshalls Task Force took Paul Leavy into custody in Titusville.
Investigators say Leavy was a passenger in a Freedom Cab when he tried to rob the driver Abdul Jallah near 46th and Walnut streets.
The men struggled and the driver was shot in the hand.
Authorities are working on extraditing Leavy back to Philadelphia to face charges.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 38 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Woman's body found in Berks County 32 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 8 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser