Suspected William Penn Inn wedding crasher thief charged in 2nd theft
POTTSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - July 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Pottstown say a man they call a wedding crasher alleged to have stolen thousands of dollars in gifts has now been charged in another theft from a wedding reception.
Montgomery County police and prosecutors said Wednesday that 35-year-old Joseph Franzone Jr. is now facing theft and related counts in a June 22 theft from the RiverCrest Golf Club in Upper Providence Township.
Authorities said a wedding cake card box containing about $9,000 in gifts was taken.
Franzone was earlier charged in the June 9 theft of gifts that had been loaded into a car outside a reception at the William Penn Inn in Lower Gwynedd Township.
A telephone number listed for Franzone's attorney did not allow a message to be left seeking comment Wednesday.
pennsylvania news, theft, weddings, robbery, montgomery county news, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 36 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 26 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
26 min ago