Suspected William Penn Inn wedding crasher thief charged in 2nd theft
POTTSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - July 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Pottstown say a man they call a wedding crasher alleged to have stolen thousands of dollars in gifts has now been charged in another theft from a wedding reception.
Montgomery County police and prosecutors said Wednesday that 35-year-old Joseph Franzone Jr. is now facing theft and related counts in a June 22 theft from the RiverCrest Golf Club in Upper Providence Township.
Authorities said a wedding cake card box containing about $9,000 in gifts was taken.
Franzone was earlier charged in the June 9 theft of gifts that had been loaded into a car outside a reception at the William Penn Inn in Lower Gwynedd Township.
A telephone number listed for Franzone's attorney did not allow a message to be left seeking comment Wednesday.
pennsylvania news, theft, weddings, robbery, montgomery county news, local/state
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Camden teen reported missing 34 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd 16 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose