Suspected William Penn Inn wedding crasher thief charged in 2nd theft
POTTSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - July 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Pottstown say a man they call a wedding crasher alleged to have stolen thousands of dollars in gifts has now been charged in another theft from a wedding reception.
Montgomery County police and prosecutors said Wednesday that 35-year-old Joseph Franzone Jr. is now facing theft and related counts in a June 22 theft from the RiverCrest Golf Club in Upper Providence Township.
Authorities said a wedding cake card box containing about $9,000 in gifts was taken.
Franzone was earlier charged in the June 9 theft of gifts that had been loaded into a car outside a reception at the William Penn Inn in Lower Gwynedd Township.
A telephone number listed for Franzone's attorney did not allow a message to be left seeking comment Wednesday.
pennsylvania news, theft, weddings, robbery, montgomery county news, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 52 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
8 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
52 min ago