Suspected William Penn Inn wedding crasher thief charged in 2nd theft
POTTSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - July 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Pottstown say a man they call a wedding crasher alleged to have stolen thousands of dollars in gifts has now been charged in another theft from a wedding reception.
Montgomery County police and prosecutors said Wednesday that 35-year-old Joseph Franzone Jr. is now facing theft and related counts in a June 22 theft from the RiverCrest Golf Club in Upper Providence Township.
Authorities said a wedding cake card box containing about $9,000 in gifts was taken.
Franzone was earlier charged in the June 9 theft of gifts that had been loaded into a car outside a reception at the William Penn Inn in Lower Gwynedd Township.
A telephone number listed for Franzone's attorney did not allow a message to be left seeking comment Wednesday.
pennsylvania news, theft, weddings, robbery, montgomery county news, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1