Girl, 5, shot outside her Wilmington home
WILMINGTON, Del. - July 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police say a 5-year-old girl has been shot outside her home.
Cpl. Mark Ivey says the shooting occurred around 8 p.m. Wednesday on Pleasant Street.
He says the girl was standing outside her home when she was shot in the right leg.
The girl was taken to A.I. DuPont Hospital for Children and later transferred to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in stable condition.
Ivey says investigators do not have any suspects in the shooting.
delaware news, shooting, wilmington, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 47 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 47 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 24 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 16 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 42 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm