Girl, 5, shot outside her Wilmington home
WILMINGTON, Del. - July 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police say a 5-year-old girl has been shot outside her home.
Cpl. Mark Ivey says the shooting occurred around 8 p.m. Wednesday on Pleasant Street.
He says the girl was standing outside her home when she was shot in the right leg.
The girl was taken to A.I. DuPont Hospital for Children and later transferred to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in stable condition.
Ivey says investigators do not have any suspects in the shooting.
delaware news, shooting, wilmington, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos