Girl, 5, shot outside her Wilmington home
WILMINGTON, Del. - July 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police say a 5-year-old girl has been shot outside her home.
Cpl. Mark Ivey says the shooting occurred around 8 p.m. Wednesday on Pleasant Street.
He says the girl was standing outside her home when she was shot in the right leg.
The girl was taken to A.I. DuPont Hospital for Children and later transferred to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in stable condition.
Ivey says investigators do not have any suspects in the shooting.
delaware news, shooting, wilmington, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 36 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 49 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
36 min ago