Teen shot in the stomach in Olney
OLNEY - July 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A teenager is hospitalized after he was shot in the stomach late Wednesday night in the Olney section of Philadelphia.
The shooting happened at 11:30 p.m. in the 600 block of North 2nd Street.
Police believe two suspects opened fire on the victim, firing more than a dozen rounds.
Homes and cars on the block were also struck by the gunfire, police said.
The victim is in critical condition at Albert Einstein Medical Center.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, olney, shooting, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 18 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 41 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos