Teen shot in the stomach in Olney
OLNEY - July 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A teenager is hospitalized after he was shot in the stomach late Wednesday night in the Olney section of Philadelphia.
The shooting happened at 11:30 p.m. in the 600 block of North 2nd Street.
Police believe two suspects opened fire on the victim, firing more than a dozen rounds.
Homes and cars on the block were also struck by the gunfire, police said.
The victim is in critical condition at Albert Einstein Medical Center.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, olney, shooting, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 32 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 58 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 52 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes 46 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Tracking Weekend Storm
32 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos