Teen shot in the stomach in Olney
OLNEY - July 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A teenager is hospitalized after he was shot in the stomach late Wednesday night in the Olney section of Philadelphia.
The shooting happened at 11:30 p.m. in the 600 block of North 2nd Street.
Police believe two suspects opened fire on the victim, firing more than a dozen rounds.
Homes and cars on the block were also struck by the gunfire, police said.
The victim is in critical condition at Albert Einstein Medical Center.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, olney, shooting, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 52 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 50 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 51 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose