New Jersey Sex offender had hidden camera in bedroom, police say
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - July 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have accused a Megan's Law sex offender of hiding a camera in a bedroom to tape three girls and a woman.
Charles Catalano of Medford is held in the Ocean County jail on $150,000 bail.
The Ocean County Prosecutor's Office says the camera was placed in a home in Long Beach Township.
The 47-year-old is charged with production of child pornography, invasion of privacy depicting nudity and invasion of privacy.
Catalano is registered as a Tier 2 Megan's Law offender who poses a moderate risk to the public. He was convicted in 1993 of engaging in sexual exhibitionism in public.
It's not clear if he has a lawyer.
new jersey news, ocean county news, megans law, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 32 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 47 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ