New Jersey Sex offender had hidden camera in bedroom, police say
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - July 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have accused a Megan's Law sex offender of hiding a camera in a bedroom to tape three girls and a woman.
Charles Catalano of Medford is held in the Ocean County jail on $150,000 bail.
The Ocean County Prosecutor's Office says the camera was placed in a home in Long Beach Township.
The 47-year-old is charged with production of child pornography, invasion of privacy depicting nudity and invasion of privacy.
Catalano is registered as a Tier 2 Megan's Law offender who poses a moderate risk to the public. He was convicted in 1993 of engaging in sexual exhibitionism in public.
It's not clear if he has a lawyer.
new jersey news, ocean county news, megans law, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police