New Jersey Sex offender had hidden camera in bedroom, police say
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - July 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have accused a Megan's Law sex offender of hiding a camera in a bedroom to tape three girls and a woman.
Charles Catalano of Medford is held in the Ocean County jail on $150,000 bail.
The Ocean County Prosecutor's Office says the camera was placed in a home in Long Beach Township.
The 47-year-old is charged with production of child pornography, invasion of privacy depicting nudity and invasion of privacy.
Catalano is registered as a Tier 2 Megan's Law offender who poses a moderate risk to the public. He was convicted in 1993 of engaging in sexual exhibitionism in public.
It's not clear if he has a lawyer.
new jersey news, ocean county news, megans law, local/state
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia 38 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 36 min ago
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 53 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier