Man sentenced 20 to 40 years in Piazza at Schmidt's killings
PHILADELPHIA - July 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been sentenced to 20 to 40 years in state prison for his involvement in the murders at Philadelphia's Piazza at Schmidt's apartment complex back in 2009.
Caesar Holloway is one of four people who pleaded guilty in the case.
Three others were convicted of their roles in the crime.
Holloway was sentenced for third degree murder in the June 2009 killings of Rian Thal and Timothy Gilmore.
The two were shot to death inside the upscale apartment building in Northern Liberties.
Police say the murders were part of a drug-related robbery.
During the investigation, authorities found cocaine and more than $100,000 in Thal's apartment.
philadelphia, northern liberties, homicide, drugs, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 37 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 57 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 50 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 52 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
48 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
37 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
52 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
57 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos