Rash of home burglaries in Cary
CARY, N.C. -- Authorities in Cary say there have been over 30 break-ins reported in as many days.
From June 16 to July 16, police officers have been called to 31 home break-ins.
They said a majority of the crimes happened during the day, with suspects prying open locked windows and doors to homes throughout Cary. Incidents have mainly been in the west Cary area and near Apex. Crimes have also been reported near eastern Durham and Chatham counties.
Jewelry, cash, video games and electronics were common items reportedly taken.
In some cases, authorities said residents were at home at the time of the break-ins, but were not injured.
Officials with the Town of Cary are asking homeowners to immediately report suspicious or unfamiliar vehicles and pedestrians near their home to police.
They also advise residents to keep valuables from plain sight of the street and make sure that all doors and windows are secured.
Anyone with information on the recent break-ins is asked to call the Town of Cary Police Department at (919) 469-4012 or Cary Crime Stoppers at (919) 226-2746.
wake county, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps 58 min ago
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands