Rash of home burglaries in Cary
CARY, N.C. -- Authorities in Cary say there have been over 30 break-ins reported in as many days.
From June 16 to July 16, police officers have been called to 31 home break-ins.
They said a majority of the crimes happened during the day, with suspects prying open locked windows and doors to homes throughout Cary. Incidents have mainly been in the west Cary area and near Apex. Crimes have also been reported near eastern Durham and Chatham counties.
Jewelry, cash, video games and electronics were common items reportedly taken.
In some cases, authorities said residents were at home at the time of the break-ins, but were not injured.
Officials with the Town of Cary are asking homeowners to immediately report suspicious or unfamiliar vehicles and pedestrians near their home to police.
They also advise residents to keep valuables from plain sight of the street and make sure that all doors and windows are secured.
Anyone with information on the recent break-ins is asked to call the Town of Cary Police Department at (919) 469-4012 or Cary Crime Stoppers at (919) 226-2746.
wake county, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 43 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 30 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 30 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 2 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death 35 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 2 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 39 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos