Rash of home burglaries in Cary
CARY, N.C. -- Authorities in Cary say there have been over 30 break-ins reported in as many days.
From June 16 to July 16, police officers have been called to 31 home break-ins.
They said a majority of the crimes happened during the day, with suspects prying open locked windows and doors to homes throughout Cary. Incidents have mainly been in the west Cary area and near Apex. Crimes have also been reported near eastern Durham and Chatham counties.
Jewelry, cash, video games and electronics were common items reportedly taken.
In some cases, authorities said residents were at home at the time of the break-ins, but were not injured.
Officials with the Town of Cary are asking homeowners to immediately report suspicious or unfamiliar vehicles and pedestrians near their home to police.
They also advise residents to keep valuables from plain sight of the street and make sure that all doors and windows are secured.
Anyone with information on the recent break-ins is asked to call the Town of Cary Police Department at (919) 469-4012 or Cary Crime Stoppers at (919) 226-2746.
wake county, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 52 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 13 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries 58 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 3 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 17 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
3 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
17 min ago