'Flight Cancelled' for Durham criminals
DURHAM, N.C. -- A week-long joint operation of local and state law enforcement agencies has netted 132 arrests in Durham. More than two dozen are reputed gang members.
The North Carolina Department of Public Safety, Durham County Sheriff's Office and Durham Police Department announced the results of "Operation Cancelled Flight" Friday.
In addition to the arrests, drugs, weapons, and cash were seized.
"Operation Cancelled Flight is a prime example of the great work that can be accomplished through the collaboration of state, county and local law enforcement agencies," said DPS Secretary Kieran Shanahan.
The arrests also included 34 probation breakers.
durham county, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 2 min ago
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 49 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos