Boy, 15, stabbed to death in Reading
READING, Pa. - July 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 15-year-old boy was stabbed to death in Reading Friday.
It happened at 6:30 p.m. near Church and Douglass Streets.
Witnesses said it was a horrific scene as a man ran up to the victim, slashed his throat, then ran off.
A friend of the victim chased the killer, but he got away.
Police have not identified a suspect or motive in the crime.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913.
pennsylvania news, homicide, stabbing, reading, berks county news, local/state
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry