Police investigate attempted robbery, stabbing in West Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - July 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an attempted robbery that turned violent in West Philadelphia overnight.
Police say a 23-year-old man was walking near a park in the 5200 block of Brown Street just after midnight when he was approached by a man armed with a knife demanding money.
When the victim refused, the two men go into a scuffle and the victim was stabbed several times in the back.
The suspect fled on foot.
The victim managed to stumble into a pizza parlor in the 5200 block of Haverford Avenue for help. He was rushed to Einstein Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
The incident remains under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police.
stabbing, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 53 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 1 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests