Suspect arrested after police witness North Philadelphia shooting
PHILADELPHIA - July 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police officers from the 39th District on routine patrol witness a shooting overnight.
The officers were driving down 2800 block of Lehigh Avenue near the Widener Library around 1:00 a.m. when a man opened fire on another man striking him once in the stomach.
The 28-year-old victim was taken to Temple University Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
The shooter tried to get in his car and flee the scene but was quickly apprehended by police, who also recovered a handgun in the car.
Police have not released the suspect's name, but say he is facing numerous charges
shooting, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police