Suspect arrested after police witness North Philadelphia shooting
PHILADELPHIA - July 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police officers from the 39th District on routine patrol witness a shooting overnight.
The officers were driving down 2800 block of Lehigh Avenue near the Widener Library around 1:00 a.m. when a man opened fire on another man striking him once in the stomach.
The 28-year-old victim was taken to Temple University Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
The shooter tried to get in his car and flee the scene but was quickly apprehended by police, who also recovered a handgun in the car.
Police have not released the suspect's name, but say he is facing numerous charges
shooting, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 3 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ