Jackknifed tractor trailer shuts down northbound New Jersey Turnpike
RUNNEMEDE, N.J. - November 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- The northbound lanes of the New Jersey Turnpike were shut down near the Runnemede section of Camden County following an accident that left a jackknifed tractor trailer on the roadway.
The accident happened around 1:00 p.m. Friday.
Officials say at least one person was injured. There was no immediate word on the extent of the injuries or what led to the crash.
Traffic was backed up for miles on the northbound side as police investigated and as crews worked to clear the scene.
All lanes have since reopened.
accident, nj turnpike, new jersey news, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 13 min ago
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
33 min ago