Jackknifed tractor trailer shuts down northbound New Jersey Turnpike
RUNNEMEDE, N.J. - November 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- The northbound lanes of the New Jersey Turnpike were shut down near the Runnemede section of Camden County following an accident that left a jackknifed tractor trailer on the roadway.
The accident happened around 1:00 p.m. Friday.
Officials say at least one person was injured. There was no immediate word on the extent of the injuries or what led to the crash.
Traffic was backed up for miles on the northbound side as police investigated and as crews worked to clear the scene.
All lanes have since reopened.
accident, nj turnpike, new jersey news, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 26 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire